It’s been about a full week since Hello, Hypergrid got up and running, and we’ve covered a lot of ground! Here’s the topics we’ve covered:
- “Hello, Hypergrid” introduced the idea for the site and provided a few quick-start resources.
- “What is Opensim” explored the basic idea of Opensim virtual world platform, along with a few unexpected twists.
Virtual World Anatomy Basics
- “Let’s Talk Basics: Regions” introduced us to virtual world Regions in Opensim.
- “Let’s Talk Basics: More on Regions” took us farther, showing how Regions could be joined together.
- “Let’s Talk Basics: Grids” showed us how Regions buddy up to form self-sufficient communities.
- “Let’s Talk Basics: The Hypergrid” introduced us to the wild frontier of the Hypergrid network, a way for users to travel between Grids.
Getting Up and About
- “Let’s Talk Basics: Getting Around” talked about how you can use your Avatar to explore the virtual worlds of Opensim
- “Let’s Talk Basics: Landmarks and Links” explored the Landmark item to find and share interesting places.
- “Let’s Talk Basics: Interacting” covered some of the basic actions your Avatar can use to interact with objects in the virtual world.
- “The Quick Term Cheat Sheet” lists out some common terms you’ll see mentioned here and elsewhere in Opensim.
- “Quick Start Guide” provides an easy-to-follow path for those who want to dive right in.
- “Common Types of Regions” describes some common uses for Opensim Regions
- “Pose Balls” gives a quick crash course in a common interactive object found in Opensim worlds.
Phew! Quite a first week! Coming next week, we’ll be exploring some more basic concepts, plus getting answers on why Opensim and the Hypergrid are compelling platforms to use.
See you next week!
PS. If you feel like supporting me and the work I’m doing with Hello Hypergrid, sharing the site or donating to my Paypal means a lot!